• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Ampli `!

Hallo,

First time in forum i'm in Switzerland...
    I have only a little question :
    speakers:
    B&W 703 front , HTM7 center, cdm 7NT rear and small Kef for Sback.
    Denon 3805 , DVD Denon 3910 & Denon 2200.

I'm find Rotel very nice but is no simply a right buy POWER for HT.
    Poeple say more Denon 4306 or avc11xv (power, song, hdmi, PLxii,...) and with RSP1068+RMB1075 is not so easy???!! Is that true??
    I kann kay only a RMB1095 (5x200w) + my Denon and in second time RSP1068 or RSP1098.
    Please help me!!
    thank & Regard's
    style
  • Navy
    • Jan 2006

Hi, Style. Just o few months ago I was going the same way you are now: choose a well recognised Denon, full of bells & whistles or go for performance - based Rotel. I went through a number of auditions including Denon AVC11XV (and other higher level receivers like Marantz SR9600). I was a bit affraid of the "hiss and humm" ghossips that go behind Rotel. Finally I chose a 1068 / 1075 combo and I am SURE it is a right decision. No HDMI, no auto set-up, less power (as per paper figures only - not in real life!) at Rotel but what a sound!! IMHO there is hardly a compairson in terms of performance, sound quality, bass potential and overall clarity between Rotel and the ones of Denon 4306.
    My conclusion is: if you REALLY need gadgets like Audyssey auto set-up, 7.1 amplification or iPod connection - go for Denon. You will sacrifice some music quality but you'll get lots of fancy options. If you care for music quality and pure performance - go for Rotel. And do not be worried about hiss - just ask your dealer for a couple of days of home audition and provide proper and clean power supply (cables, power conditioner). Go for home auditions anyway, whatever you choose. As for HDMI - there are new versions of it coming soon and I belive you will upgrade you set-up well before HD becomes popular in Europe.
    Just my 2c.

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Ampli

Thank you Navy,

Same I think is better a Rotel combo (ok, NO DVi, NO microphon/auto set-up,
      NO HDMi,.. ) but Rotel song (i'm sure9 is SOUND, Hey Denon is Denon respect! but installation Rotel electronics is so not easy as Denon (haa make all your self!)
      But is very so important auto ste-up/DVI/HDMI/...? Is realy the future?
      I think th esame Navy, this is only a commercial operation, next step from iPod? or HDMI? in 6month SURE what is DVI? or so it's.....

Conclusion: only RMB1095 and in half year RSP 1068-98 or direkt RMP 1075 with RSP1068?

thank style

P.S.: the RIGHT SUBWOOFER for my Speakers? More poeple say B&W PV1 is SURE feel BETTER as asw700/750!!!
      another constructor?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"